Thursday 11 October 2012

Hill Walk - group 6

Another brilliant day at Lagganlia. Where did the week go? I can't believe we go home tomorrow.

I was up the hill with group 6 and we had a great day. Sam, Alex H, Fredi and Ahmed were entertaining me as we climbed though steep woods with all sorts of chat including what if dilemmas. Sam was making me feel hungry with his chat about all the lovely dishes available at 'Spoon'.

We learnt so much about wildlife from Kevin, described by his group as, 'the best instructor in the world'. Did you know for example, that several rare species live in the woods near
Lagganlia including: pine martins, capercaillie and wild cats.

The view from the top was breath taking and I loved lying on the heather looking at the view.

On the way down the hill we learnt lots about the different mosses and
Olivia, Charlotte and Eilidh made beautiful moss collections.

We had a great time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment